The ACASA 18th Triennial Symposium on African Art will take place at DePaul University and the Art Institute of Chicago, June 17-21, 2020. We invite proposals for panels and roundtables at this time. A call for individual papers for the open panels will follow at the end of November.
The deadline for panel and roundtable proposals has passed.
- Proposals for panels and roundtables may be either open where only a topic is suggested, or fully constituted with all proposed participants identified.
- Panels will be 120 minutes long. We propose either four twenty-minute papers and a discussant, or five twenty-minute papers.
- Roundtables will be 90 minutes long. We propose a maximum of six ten-minute presentations with a thirty-minute discussion.
- Participants may present only one paper, but may serve as a discussant on another panel or serve as a presenter on a roundtable.
- Panel and roundtable proposals must include the following:
- A proposal not to exceed 500 words describing the theme and scope
- An abstract not to exceed 100 words to be published on the ACASA Triennial website
- Contact information of the chair(s), including address, phone, and e-mail
- ACASA membership is required to take part in the symposium. Visit https://www.acasaonline.org/join-acasa/ to find information on ACASA membership and to join.
- 30 November 2019: Approved panel and roundtable proposals posted on the ACASA Triennial website and publicized via H-AfrArts and the ACASA Newsletter.
- 30 November 2019: Call for individual papers (to be submitted by January 3, 2020)
- 3 January 2020: Proposed individual papers submitted directly to chairs.
- 1 February 2020: Final panels and roundtables submitted to Program Committee.