Registration for the ACASA Triennial Symposium of African Art, Chicago, June 16-21, 2020. Registration includes admission to the symposium, coffee or tea and light refreshments twice daily, and one ticket to the Dinner and Dance party on Saturday night.
Tuesday, June 16 – Conference Registration opens on the 8th floor of the DePaul Center (1 E. Jackson Blvd.)
Wednesday, June 17 – Museum Day & cocktail reception at the Art Institute of Chicago (111 S. Michigan Ave.) Separate Registration Required
Thursday-Sunday, 8am-5pm, June 18 – Conference panels on the 8th floor of the DePaul Center (1 E. Jackson Blvd.)
Thursday evening, June 18 – Evening Reception at the Block Museum, Northwestern University
Friday evening, June 19 – Awards ceremony and keynote lecture by Koyo Kouoh, Executive Director and Chief Curator of Zeitz MOCA and awards ceremony at the Art Institute of Chicago (111 S. Michigan Ave.)
Saturday, June 20, 5-9pm – Dinner and Dance Party in the DePaul Student Center, Lincoln Park Campus (2250 N. Sheffield Ave., Rm. 120 A&B)
How to register:
Members can sign in and register by clicking here.
Register for Museum day on Wendesday, June 17th by first registering for the conference, then using the link sent in your confirmation email. *Due to space limitations, Museum Day registration is limited to the first 200 respondents. A waitlist will be generated thereafter.
(Ends May 16th)
|On-Site Registration||Daily Registration|
Call For Panels and Round Table Proposals
Details regarding submissions for Panels and Round Table Proposals can be found here.
Hotels with Discounted Rates for ACASA Members
- Hilton Chicago, 720 S. Michigan Avenue
- Palmer House, 17 E. Monroe St.
- Congress Plaza Hotel, 520 S. Michigan Avenue
- Inexpensive accommodations will be available in shared dormitory rooms on a first-come first-serve basis at University Center, 525 S. State St. Rooms will be available for reservation through the University Center’s website (https://www.chicagosummerhousing.com/) beginning May 1, 2020.
- Other inexpensive accommodations, including private and shared rooms, are now available on a first-come first-serve basis at The J. Ira And Nicki Harris Family Hostel located at 24 E. Ida B. Wells Dr. Reservations may be made online at https://www.hiusa.org/hostels/illinois/chicago/chicago.
- Both the University Center and the Harris Family Hostel are within two blocks of the conference venue.